Every plumber has a different story about the strangest items they have found in toilet traps and drains. To find out some of the strangest in your area, call a local plumber in Minneapolis. They will likely share some interesting stories with you.
Some of the strangest items that have reportedly been found in drains include the following:
- Live animals - While it is typical to find flushed goldfish in the drains, some plumbers have reported finding live kittens, snakes, turtles, badgers, and other small animals in the toilet and drains.
- Dentures - While these can fall into the toilet, it is best to keep your dentures or false teeth as far from the toilet as possible when you are cleaning them to ensure that they cannot cause a drain clog.
- Personal electronic devices - These have ranged from items as small as watches and batteries to as large as cell phones and pagers. If it can be flushed, chances are someone has tried to fit them down the drain.
- A mop head - This has actually been found more than once in a drain and can cause severe damage. For best practice on all unwanted items, dump it, don’t flush it.
- Tools and home improvement supplies - There has to be an easier way to dispose of flashlights and screwdrivers than down the toilet.
- Toys and various children’s items - Flushing unwanted toys or personal items down the toilet can prove to be a favorite pastime for children of all ages. Plumbers have found everything from dolls to toy cars in the drain, so do what you can to encourage your child to only flush when necessary.
- Clothing and linen - Items ranging from as small as socks and underwear to as large as bedspreads have been found in toilet traps and drains.
Along with being surprised by the things they find, many plumbers are shocked at how some large items even fit down the drains. Make sure to keep strange items out of your toilet and drains. This will help to prevent a frustrating, costly problem from developing in your drains and pipes.
If you have dropped a large item down the drain, don’t wait to call Roto-Rooter about the problem. They won’t be surprised by anything you may have flushed or dropped, so you shouldn’t feel ashamed or embarrassed to call about your problem.