Slab leak detection requires an experienced plumbing expert and a careful, thorough process using modern tools like specialized leak detection equipment. Slab leak detection services are conducted by Roto-Rooter’s expert technicians, who will find and repair slab leaks with minimal destruction to your property.
A slab leak happens when the pipes in the water and sewer lines beneath your home break, crack or burst. The leak is not actually in the slab, but in the pipes beneath it. Because it is underground, the source of a slab leak is not visible to the naked eye. Rather, there are several common signs that suggest you have a slab leak in your home:
- The sound of running water when all water is turned off
- A spinning water meter, even though no water is running inside or outside your home
- Cracks in your walls or flooring
- Mildew or noticeable moisture under carpets or flooring
- The smell of sewage could indicate a break in the sewer or a drain line
- A recent bug problem due to added ground moisture
- Higher-than-average water bills
Roto-Rooter provides complete slab leak detection and repair services. If you suspect a slab leak in your home, call your local Roto-Rooter plumber for a thorough inspection. In the event of flooding caused by a slab leak, Roto-Rooter also provides full-service water damage cleanup and restoration services.