Water Leak Detection Services and Slab Leak Repair
Water leaks from pipes, plumbing fixtures and fittings are a significant source of wasted water for many households. Without early leak detection and leak repair, ongoing water leaks can cause significant water damage. Roto-Rooter specializes in water leak detection and water leak repairs. Our team has all the water leak detection and slab leak repair equipment necessary to perform accurate and timely electronic leak detection and repair. We can locate and diagnose the source of water leaks and advise homeowners on a variety of leak repair options. From leaks in your slab to leaks in your pipes, we’ve got you covered.
Slab Leak Detection and Slab Leak Repair
Slab leak detection and repair requires an experienced plumbing expert and a careful, thorough process using modern tools like specialized leak detection equipment. Slab leak detection services are conducted by Roto-Rooter’s expert technicians, who will find and repair slab leaks with minimal destruction to your property.
A slab leak happens when the pipes in the water and sewer lines beneath your home break, crack or burst. The leak is not actually in the slab, but in the pipes beneath it. Because it is underground, the source of a slab leak is not visible to the naked eye. Rather, there are several common signs that suggest you have a slab leak in your home:
- The sound of running water when all water is turned off
- A spinning water meter, even though no water is running inside or outside your home
- Cracks in your walls or flooring
- Mildew or noticeable moisture under carpets or flooring
- The smell of sewage could indicate a break in the sewer or a drain line
- A recent bug problem due to added ground moisture
- Higher-than-average water bills
Roto-Rooter provides complete slab leak detection and repair services. If you suspect a slab leak in your home, call your local Roto-Rooter plumber for a thorough inspection and ask about our slab leak repair services. In the event of flooding caused by a slab leak, Roto-Rooter also provides full-service water damage cleanup and restoration services.
Water Leak Detection Equipment
Many household water leaks are not immediately obvious or visible, meaning they can potentially go undetected for years. For instance, water supply lines to toilets, showers, bathtubs, and sinks are usually located behind walls, under floors and underground. Slow leaks in hidden areas can cause extensive damage before you even realize the leak exists. Plumbing leak detection requires a plumbing professional with the right leak detection equipment and water leak detector.
We have specialized water leak detection equipment that allows our service technicians to pinpoint the exact location of the leak. Our equipment is sensitive and accurate, and allows our team to then make the repair as quickly and efficiently as possible. Modern water leak detection equipment such as electronic amplification equipment and electromagnetic pipeline locators lead plumbers straight to the source of a leak with minimal disruption to your property. Roto-Rooter experts are trained and ready to use modern water leak detector to identify and resolve leaks you find in your home.
Water Leak Prevention
When it comes to avoiding water damage, prevention is the best measure. Costly leaks can be silent and can show up on your monthly water bill as a huge cost increase. Performing regular water leak detection is a homeowner’s first line of defense.
Follow these quick water leak detection tips from Roto-Rooter to identify any potential problems early:
- Check your water bill for significant increases over a specific time period.
- Check your yard. If there is an area that was always dry now consistently wet, you may have a leak.
- If your home has a slab, check the slab for water coming up through it.
- Listen for the sound of water running.
- Check your toilets. A leaky flapper valve, worn water fill valve or bad tank gasket can waste a lot of water.
- Check all faucets for drips. Replace worn and leaking washers, gaskets, pipes or defective fixtures.
- Check for leaks on outside hose bibs and make sure the valves close properly.
- Check your whole-home humidifier for possible water leaks.
If you think you have a leak in your home, call your local Roto-Rooter plumber for an inspection and ask about our slab leak repair services. If you experience flooding due to a leak, Roto-Rooter provides water removal and water damage clean up.
Why Choose Roto-Rooter
- Emergency Service
- Available 24/7
- Licensed & Insured
- Well Known Reputation
- Trusted & Recommended Since 1935
The Technician arrived promptly after requesting an emergency service in my home. He communicated the problem, detected the leak and repaired the leak in an efficient manner. Thanks for your ... professional service.
Prompt, courteous and professional. We had a plumbing leak the day after Thanksgiving, with overnight guests. From dispatch to detecting and repairing the leak, everything was timely and ... thorough.
The service technician was very polite and knowledgeable of leak detection and repair.. professionalism at its best .