Getting rid of plumbing problems with Roto-Rooter
Plumbing is an important system that every household and facility uses. While pipes and drains often go unseen, what is out of sight should never be out of mind. The reality is that most serious plumbing problems in Albuquerque and other places arise from smaller, simpler issues that are easy to fix. Having that in mind, Roto-Rooter is excited to share useful information with customers so that they can better care for their own kitchens, bathrooms, and plumbing. With a little time and a little know-how, you can do a lot to keep your drains and faucets working great.
If you are like most people, you have probably noticed that the showerhead sprays unevenly. As time goes by, the showerhead deals with water erosion and mineral build-up that make it function in a less than desirable manner. Instead of waiting to replace the head entirely, why not fix it yourself? Here is a step-by-step process to clean your showerhead and get it flowing like new again.
- Unscrew the swivel nut on the showerhead first. Using pliers or and adjustable wrench, loosen the nut until the showerhead becomes very loose and hangs. In order to prevent scratches to the showerhead, use a washcloth between the tool and the metal.
- Next, just above the swivel nut you will find the collar nut. This connects the head to the water pipe. Unscrew the collar nut until the entire head comes off. Be careful to hold the head steady so that it is not dropped and damaged further. And hold onto the pipe too so it doesn't break off at the wall!
- Once the head is removed, clean it so that it is free of debris. Using a wire, lightly go through the little holes and push out any gunk and grime that is there. Make sure not to do so too vigorously as some showerhead models are more fragile than others.
- After gently passing through all the holes, rinse the showerhead with warm water. Using soap, thoroughly wash out the head complete in case you missed anything.
- If that is not enough, use vinegar to go the extra mile. You can even let the head soak in vinegar overnight. Make sure to rinse the vinegar off in the morning.
- Reattach the head using the collar nut and tighten the swivel night back to normal.
If you followed this correctly, you will find that your showerhead plumbing problems in Albuquerque and other cities will be corrected.