5 Keys to a Successful Faucet Repair
First of all, let’s just say that you can skip this article all together if you are going to do the smartest thing and hire Roto-Rooter to come into your home and provide faucet repair in Nashville. That is the best way to have a successful faucet repair. However, we know there are do-it-yourself people who are going to tackle a repair on their own. For those people, here are the tips for a successful faucet repair.
- Make sure the water is turned off. This sounds overly simplistic, but you would be amazed by how many people forget to turn off the water at the valves to the sink before they start in to tearing things apart.
- Use a smooth jaw wrench when loosening the cap assembly so that you do not scare the chrome finish on the faucet. If you do not have one of these, you may try to find something that will help protect your faucet while at the same time maintain the grip so that it can be loosened.
- When removing the cam and ball assembly and otherwise beginning to tear the faucet apart, be sure to pay attention for anything that seems amiss so that you will know what was causing the leaky faucet to begin with. One major culprit that is among the most common is going to be any of the O rings / gaskets.
- It is worth replacing every O Ring, seats, etc when doing a faucet repair. Nothing is more frustrating than an unsuccessful or incomplete repair
- Use stem grease to help things glide as they should after you have put it back together. This will also help prevent premature wear on the O Rings and other parts that can be the cause of your next leak.
Hopefully these tips will help the do it yourselfers in their faucet repair in Nashville. For the rest of you give us a call and we can have it done for you in no time. You will not regret calling us. We have done this over and over, fixing countless leaky faucets over the years. We know what we’re doing and we even know what to do when things are not going as planned on a standard faucet repair job.