Call Roto-Rooter’s Brooklyn Toilet Repair for the Best in the Business
In an area as large as Brooklyn, it can be difficult to know where to look for a plumber you trust. But because plumbing systems break down all the time, it’s important to know where to turn when they do. Roto-Rooter has an excellent reputation for solving whatever plumbing issues you may experience, including toilet repair, replacement and installation. Premier among Brooklyn toilet plumbing companies, you won’t find a better partner for plumbing service.
How to Improve Toilet Performance
It’s a fact of life: eventually, your toilet will go kaput. Maybe you’re already noticing that your own toilet doesn’t flush well or that your water bill seems to be creeping higher and higher. Improve your toilet’s performance with these tips:
- Take time to perform maintenance regularly. Whether this means you do it yourself or hire out, examine your toilet’s various parts on a regular basis – including the flapper, flush valve, tank ball, seat disc, seal, chain and more. You can learn more about maintaining your toilet by visiting various bathroom plumbing tips and resources
- Test for leaks. If you’re concerned that the reason for a higher water bill is a leak in your toilet, check it out. It’s easy – just put a few drops of food coloring into the tank of the toilet. Then wait 15 minutes and see whether the food coloring has made its way into the toilet bowl. If so, you’ve just confirmed a leak.
- Upgrade and/or replace. There are many low-flow toilet options on the market today that offer lower flush rates per gallon. Retrofitting your toilet with upgraded parts or replacing the entire toilet can save on your water bill and conserve water.
When to Replace Your Toilet
Unsure if it’s time to replace your toilet? Here are some signs you may be ready for a new one:
- Despite part replacement, your toilet keeps leaking. It may have experienced damage from past leaks or have other problems.
- It’s old. If it was manufactured before 1994, it’s got a much higher flush-per-gallon rate than newer, low-flow options. Take a look at the EPA’s guidelines for choosing a water-efficient toilet.
- Because of changes in your household, your toilet no longer fits your needs – for example, you want a higher toilet or a different style.
There are many resources available online to help you install a new toilet. Of course, Roto-Rooter’s Brooklyn plumbers are available around-the-clock to help as well.
What Causes Clogged Toilets?
Clogged toilets are terrible, and tend to happen at the most inconvenient times! Reasons your toilet may clog include:
- Someone flushed items on the no-flush list, such as hair, napkins, diapers, paper towels, feminine products and more. They can easily get caught in the trap and snag on jagged pipes on their way down – or block the pipes altogether. Avoid flushing these items to prevent clogs in the future.
- Someone flushed too much toilet paper at once. Courtesy flushes allow smaller amounts of waste and toilet paper to pass through the pipes.
- Plant or tree roots made their way into your pipes. Regular professional cleaning can help keep these problems at bay.
Maybe your toilet isn’t clogged, but leaking. Take a look at our free video for fix-it help. Of course, some clogs and leaks take more experience to solve, so don’t be afraid to call Roto-Rooter’s Brooklyn toilet repair service for help. We provide fast, professional service, and are available 24/7. Give us a call at 718-485-1377 or schedule a service online.