Toilet Bowl Care from Roto-Rooter Plumbers in Chicago
Roto-Rooter has been providing quality-plumbing service for almost seventy-five years. With a reputation associated only with the best products, services, and tools on the market, you have access to a one-stop resource to satisfy your plumbing needs. No matter what your emergency may be, our Chicago plumbers are on call around the clock, so they can arrive on the scene equipped and ready to take on whatever plumbing troubles you are having. All our technicians and plumbers are experienced and certified professionals who take the needs of every customer seriously. In an effort to help better meet the needs of all our customers, we have compiled the following guide for better toilet repair and troubleshooting.
Things You Will Need
- Toilet plunger—this is the most important tool in your plumbing arsenal and you should have one in every bathroom in the house.
- Work gloves—keep a pair of rubber or plastic-cleaning gloves stowed under the sink because you never know when a mess will get out of hand.
- Plumbing auger—this tool is extremely important as it goes above and beyond what a toilet plunger is capable of.
- Roto-Rooter pipe cleaners and enzymes—these products are designed with the health and strength of your drainage system in mind.
Step for Success
Use the following step to correctly troubleshoot and fix system blockages:
- When you first notice a clog after flushing, do not flush again. This will not fix the problem and will probably cause the toilet bowl to overflow and create a bigger mess to cleanup. If, however, water has overflowed, make sure to put towels down immediately so that the water doesn't have a chance to leak through the cracks and cause water damage.
- As soon as you can, grab a toilet plunger and start working the drain. Do this for several minutes until the bowl in completely empty. After this, you can flush can again to see if things are flowing smoothly.
- If, for some reason, the blockage is still present, put on a pair of cleaning gloves and grab the plumbing auger. This tool was designed with the length of a drainage line in mind. Pushing it through to the source of the problem, then use a twisting motion to allow the hook at the end to snag the blockage and then push it through.
- Use Roto-Rooter pipe cleaners and enzymes to help prevent future clogs and blockages from ever having a chance to form.
For more information about Roto-Rooter services, call today.