A few Washing Machine Maintenance Tips
Our Austin Plumbers recommend these simple tips below to keep your washing machine running smoothly and your laundry room in order.
- Run the washing machine only when it is fully loaded.
- Inspect washing machine hoses for signs of wear. Replace rubber hoses with stainless steel braided hoses if possible. They tend to last longer and are more resistant to leaks and cracks.
- Ensure that all drains have strainers to keep hair, soap and debris from entering and clogging the drain lines.
- Check exposed pipes under sinks for signs of leaks.
- Applying Roto-Rooter Pipe Shield® to laundry drain lines once each month can reduce the amount of lint and detergent scum from building up and causing clogs.
- Make sure your water heater is not set above 1200 °F for a medium setting on an older model washing machine to conserve energy and prevent scalding.
Visit our Website or call 512-258-3008 to schedule service with one of our Austin plumbers.