Call Roto-Rooter’s Reno Toilet Repair for the Best in the Business
Looking to find a reliable plumber that you can trust? Roto-Rooter of Reno has experienced plumbers ready to help 24/7, including weekends and holidays. Whether you need a toilet repair, replacement or installation, our plumbing professionals understand the need to service your plumbing correctly, the first time.
Improving Your Toilet’s Performance
Whether it is your gradually increasing water bill or maybe your toilet doesn’t quite flush like it used to, your toilet’s performance can decline over time and with age. In order to keep your toilet running at peak performance, check out the following simple tips:
- Perform a leak test. If you’re concerned that the reason for a higher water bill is a leak in your toilet. Put a few drops of food coloring into the tank of the toilet. Wait 15 minutes and see whether the food coloring has made its way into the toilet bowl. If so, you have a leak.
- Upgrading or replacing your toilet can lead to significant money saved on your utility bill. Today’s low-flow toilet options are much more water efficient than in previous years, offering lower flush rates and more water conserved for our environment.
Learn more about maintaining your toilet by visiting our bathroom plumbing tips and resources.
When to Replace Your Toilet
Thinking you might need to replace your toilet? Here are some signs you might be ready for an upgrade:
- Consistent leaks despite regular maintenance and part replacement.
- An inefficient and outdated toilet manufactured before 1994 with a much higher flush rate than today’s models. Check out the EPA’s guidelines for choosing a water-efficient toilet.
- The bowl or tank is cracked and leaking.
Need to call in the experts? Contact Roto-Rooter’s Reno plumbers to schedule service anytime and have your toilet installed by the professionals.
What Causes Clogged Toilets?
Clogged toilets can happen for a variety of reasons. Some possible culprits might include:
- Flushing items that are not meant to be flushed: napkins, paper towels, feminine products and more. To prevent future clogs, never flush anything other than human waste and toilet paper.
- A blocked trap. A foreign object could be blocking the trap.
- A clogged drain line. From build- up that is accumulated over time to objects that are simply stuck, both issues can drastically affect the water flow.
- Plant or tree roots making their way into your sewer pipes. Roto-Rooter’s regular maintenance checks can help prevent potential plumbing problems.
Do you have a toilet leak? Roto-Rooter’s free video is designed to easily walk you through the process of fixing a leaky toilet. Need an experienced plumbing professional? Call Roto-Rooter’s Reno toilet repair service for help. We provide the prompt and professional service you want with the affordability you need. Call us at 775-345-5300 or schedule service online.