Tips For a Successful Water Heater Repair
If you are looking to do your own water heater repair there are some things that you should know that will make the process go much better for you. Of course, we would recommend that to make is as smooth as is possible you should hire us, Roto-Rooter, to get the job done. Of course, we may be a little biased, but you do not need to listen to us. There are plenty of testimonials and reviews online of those who will say that we can do your water heater repair in Albuquerque and do it very quickly, nicely and with a smile on our face.
Of course, that aside, we know that there are those people that are going to do their own water heater repair. Below you will find some tips that will make the go smoothly.
- Don’t make any assumptions. It may be tempting to go and buy a part first because you think you know what the issue is. However, you will regret it more often than not. Take the time to figure out exactly what is wrong and then go and get the replacement part.
- Know what the issue is. In other words, depending on the symptoms there are certain things that could be wrong and other things can be ruled out. Make sure you are looking for the right things based on the symptoms that you have.
- Check the obvious first. No matter what the issue is, start with the most likely and move the less common issues based on the symptoms.
- If your issue is not enough hot water, look for working power to the water heater, crossed lines, pilot light, thermostat gone out.
- If the issue is a noise, look to see of the tank contains a lot of minerals. They make a popping sound when they get hot. Drain the water tank to rid it of mineral deposits but be careful. You may need to cut power to the unit first so follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- If the issue is a leak, check the tank for rust, other things that cannot be replaced. Check for where the leak is coming from and determine if it can be fixed.
Like we said, if you don’t want to hassle with all of that, we have done a lot of water heater repair in Albuquerque and understand how to get the job done efficiently and in a professional way.