The Toilet Guide by Roto-Rooter Plumbers
Have you called Roto-Rooter Bridgeport yet? Our qualified team of plumbers and technicians are on call around the clock, in order to keep you protected from plumbing problems and issues. When an emergency arises concerning your home plumbing system, there is no need to figure things out solo. With all the products, services, and tools necessary to get the job done right, you can do it yourself or call in the best professionals to help you out. To get you started on the right foot, we have complied this toilet bowl guide for better home maintenance.
Things You Will Need
- Toilet plunger—this is the foremost home plumbing tool that belongs in each bathroom of your home. It will be the best weapon for most clogs that appear.
- Cleaning gloves—when things start to get dirty, a good pair of rubber or plastic cleaning gloves will keep you from having to actually touch the gunk and grime that you meet.
- Plumbing snake—when the plunger just can't quite get the job done correctly, the plumbing snake will quickly get you to the heart of the clog.
- Roto-Rooter pipe cleaning products—when the blockage is finally clear, pipe cleaning products and enzymes will help promote clog-prevention and drainage.
Steps for Success
No matter what the problem may turn out to be, follow these steps for troubleshooting toilet bowl issues:
- As soon as you notice the commode refusing to drain, do not keep flushing. This will just cause the toilet to overflow and make a bigger mess to cleanup. Especially if this is happening in a building with multiple floors, flooding can leak through the floor and reach rooms below you.
- Immediately start using the toilet plunger when a clog appears. Use it to push free the debris causing the system hiccup. Most blockages will be light and quickly eradicated after a few minutes of plunging.
- If, after plunging for a while, the toilet refuses to drain completely, grab a pair of cleaning gloves and head for the plumbing snake. Use the snake to get down into the pipes. Twist the snake several times to hook the gunk and then push it through. You may need to repeat this step several times.
- When the blockage is finally clear, help prevent future clogs from forming or becoming serious by using cleaning products from Roto-Rooter Bridgeport.