How to Get the Most Out of Your Laundry Room
Most people don’t realize how important it is to keep their laundry room well maintained until it’s too late and they have a problem. To get the most out of your laundry room, while saving space and money in the process, consider the following common tips and plumbing answers:
- Clean any buildup on the washing machine soap container detergent tray because extra buildup negatively affects the performance.
- Use the heavy spin cycle on your washing machine whenever possible so that water is removed from the clothes better, which will then require less drying time.
- Wash with cold water, when possible, to save on the energy required to heat the water.
- Wait until you have a full load to run the washing machine.
- Install a flood alarm to warn of leaking from the washing machine or water heater.
- Regularly check washing machine hoses and exposed pipes for signs of leaks.
- Replace any rubber washing machine hoses with stainless steel braided hoses for better performance and to cut down on problems.
- Fit all drains and your washing machine hose with strainers to prevent drain clogs.
- Keep any flammable liquids in a safe place, far from a water heater, furnace, or other heated appliance.
- Mount a small retractable ironing board on the wall to save space for ironing and for convenient folding space.
- Invest in an af fordable drying rack that can be easily tucked away to save space.
- Purchase an affordable, stylish runner or area rug to provide added comfort when folding clothes.
- Install stylish floating shelves for easy access to all of your washing necessities.
- Group all like items together so that you can easily and quickly find the necessary detergents and washing items.
- Purchase three separate laundry baskets so that you can easily separate clothes by whites, colors, and darks to save time when you are doing laundry.
- When it is time to replace your washing machine or dryer, choose a more efficient, front loading model to save money and energy and to take advantage of the top surface for convenient laundry sorting and folding space.
You may need to take additional measures to get the most out of your laundry room. Call your local Roto-Rooter for more information and custom maintenance recommendations. They may also have products and solutions that you can take advantage of to save money and preserve your washing machine.