Getting your Yard Ready for Summer
It’s that time of the year again. The lawn mower is fired up and your best gardening tools are ready to whip landscaping back into shape after the long winter months. Roto Rooter in Queens has several handy tips for making sure that what your neighbors can’t see is in good shape as well.
- Ensure yard drains, gutters and downspouts are free of leaves and debris.
- Remove leaves and debris from window wells.
- Check for birds' nests that may have been built in plumbing vent pipes, like the ones from the dryer to the outside.
- Check all faucets and hose bibs to make sure water flows freely. If an outdoor faucet is barely dripping or if there is leakage the first time the hose is turned on, a pipe may have frozen and cracked last winter and need to be repaired.
- A twice-a-year application of Roto-Rooter® Root Destroyer can retard the growth of roots in your drain line. Simply pour the recommended dosage into your toilet bowl and flush the product into the line.
- Septic tanks should be inspected and pumped every three to five years to help prevent costly replacement of the filter field.