Finding Reasons to Avoid Doing the Faucet Repair
Don’t you just hate when you have plans to relax on the couch and watch football and then the plans change because your wife would like you to take care of the faucet repair? If it were her plans to do some scrapbooking, the repair to the faucet would wait. So why let something like this ruin your plans for the upcoming Saturdays and Sundays? Here are some tips on how to avoid doing that repair.
- Could you repair this faucet?
- Fake sick – This is an oldie but a goody. It also accomplishes getting you on the couch for the day so you can watch those games. Of course, she may be able to determine that you are not really sick if you show any kind of enthusiasm so be careful.
- Give your wife a shopping spree – This will help to distract her and put her in a good mood. In the meantime, you can call in Roto-Rooter to come and do the repair for you while she is gone. You look like a huge hero when you use this one and you still get to watch football.
- Offer to go with her to shop for furniture – This gets you out of the repair to the faucet and yet you get to watch some football as well because you are at the furniture store where there are lots of big screen TVs that have football games on them. Of course, this is not as good as your couch, but it will work when you need it to.
- Offer to spend some quality time with your kids - She will always value you spending time with the kids more than a working faucet so this should always work. However, this plan is reliant on the kids wanting to be with you and their ability to endure hanging out with you all day long, essentially in front of the TV doing something that creates the appearance that you are not watching the game. This plan, while it gets you out of repairing to the kitchen sink, doesn’t always work great in allowing you to watch the football games.
- Remind your wife how your last attempt at a plumbing project went – If all else is failing and she is insistent that you take care of that faucet repair, then pull out the horrible plumber card. By reminding her of how bad your last attempt at plumbing went, she will back off and call Roto-Rooter herself.