Don't Panic if Your Water Heater is Leaking
You may not recognize how troubling water heater leaking in Worcester is until you’ve experienced for yourself. Thankfully, with a quick response from a Roto-Rooter specialist, a major crisis can be averted if you do happen to have problems with your water heater. We are always available to help if you have problems with your plumbing, but there are some ways to prevent future problems.
There are a few things you should be doing every year as part of your home’s preventive maintenance program. You can save a great deal of money by taking a few minutes to check out your appliances and address little problems before they get bigger. Here is a check list of items to follow to get you started.
- Take care of faucet drips when they occur. Not only will your water bill rise with all that water being wasted down the sink, but the incessant drip, drip, dripping will drive you nuts! If you have the tools, replace the valve stem seals in the faucet. If not, call Roto-Rooter.
- The filters in your air conditioning and furnace blower need to be changed often. Don’t allow them to go longer than three months without changing them. Make sure you replace them with the correct size.
- Test your sump pump every year, at least once but preferably more often. Simply pour a bucket of water into the sump pit. If it disappears quickly, then you know the sump pump is working normally.
- Address slow drains promptly. A slow drain can turn into a completely clogged drain in no time and it will invariably happen on your busiest day.
- Cover your water heater with custom fit insulation. Make sure that the heater tank is securely fastened to a wall so it will not tip if there is a natural disaster.
- Clean around your water heater and make sure the top vents are clear of any obstructions.
- Clear all the weeds and clutter from around the air conditioning condenser, which is located outside on a small concrete slab next to your house.
Even after all your preventive maintenance actions, remember that mechanical equipment has a lifespan. It will eventually get old and die, which is an indicator that you must replace it. Therefore, if you find your water heater leaking in Worcester, MA, just know that it might be time to replace it. The positive point is that Roto-Rooter will help you install a new one!