A Roto-Rooter Water Heater Repair Guide of Tips and Suggestions
It can be a moment of ecstasy, slipping into a hot shower and getting a massage from the showerhead. You may not realize it, but the average shower uses anywhere between twenty to thirty gallons of water. If you have several people taking showers all at once, your sixty-gallon water heater will quickly fail you and instead send up freezing water. If sixty gallons isn't enough to hold you and your family over, maybe you need another water heater installed in your home. Often times, however, water heaters are fully equipped to handle the load that you throw at them, but just need some maintenance to tune-up the heating mechanism. With the help of Roto-Rooter technicians, water heater repair in Winnipeg is stress-free.
- One of the easiest and best ways to keep your water heater working is through a water softener. Without one, hard water quickly claims your water heater. Did you know that hard water leaves behind calcium residue that clogs up your water heater, faucets, and drains? By simply keeping up with a water softener, you will easily cut your water heater problems in half.
- Water heaters typically last about ten to eleven years on average, depending on the level of use. Most water heaters are functioning all day and all night so that there is always hot water ready right when you need it. This incredible waste of energy is happening all the time and can take a toll on a unit. The system gets bogged down when repairs and regular cleaning are ignored. If ignored for too long, you can quickly find that your water heater is beyond repair.
- Even the best efforts can't keep a water heater from eventually biting the dust. When you purchase a new unit, you should consider investing in a tankless water heater. These units work on demand and save energy and money on utility costs.
- If you have a gas water heater, make sure to take the proper safety precautions against gas leaks. Installing gas leak detectors in the vicinity of the water heater will ensure that any time a problem arises, you will be the first to know about it.
- A regular inspection of a water heater, even when it is working, is a great way to keep up on the regular maintenance the system needs to function properly. These tune-ups make sure that the water heater is working the way it should, that it is completely clean and free of clogs, and provide information on any failures in the system.
- Since there are so many components that can affect the performance of a water heater, a simple repair can go a long way towards more efficient functionality and longer life overall. In addition, it is important to follow official guides and instructions printed by the manufacturer before attempting any repairs of your own. If you are ever unsure about a step, stop what you are doing and find someone who knows better.
For more information about water heater repair in Winnipeg, call Roto-Rooter today to speak with one of our friendly representatives about the various options available to you.